Office of the Teller County Clerk & Recorder
Hours and Locations
8:00AM - 4:30PM Cripple
Creek - 7:30AM - 4:00PM
here to see results from the 2016 Teller County Primary Election
The office of the Clerk & Recorder is established under Section 8
Article XIV of the Colorado Constitution.
Duties of the Clerk and
• Chief Election Official in Teller County
• Agent of the State of Colorado for Motor Vehicle titling and licensing
• Official recorder of property and other legal documents for Teller
• Agent of the the State of Colorado for issuing marriage licenses
• Clerk to the Board of County Commissioners for Teller County
Commissioner Meeting Dates
Beginning Monday, May 2, 2016 the Clerk and
Recorder's Woodland Park office will be closing during lunch time from 11a-12p. This is a temporary schedule due to staffing issues. We're projecting this schedule will only last 2 months. We'll update everyone as quick as it changes. We hope this doesn't cause an inconvenience to anyone and if so please accept our apologies in advance. Respectfully, Krystal Brown, Clerk and Recorder.
Beginning July 13, 2015, the Clerk and Recorder’s Office in Cripple Creek will be able to issue birth and death certificates for any event in the
State of Colorado.
Applications are located below,
in Vital Records.
Click here for more information.
The Elections Department provides Voter
Registration Applications, lists and labels, Voter Precinct
and Commissioner District maps and
Campaign Finance Information.
• Colorado Address Confidentiality Program (for victims of violent crime or stalking)
• Contact Info for State and Federal Elected Officials
• County Commissioner District Map
• Election Judge Information
• Military and Overseas Citizens Online Ballot
• Past Election Results
• Verify Your Voter Registration Information Here
Voting Precinct Map
Motor Vehicle Department
The Motor Vehicle Department provides services for titling, registering, licensing and registration renewal of all types of motor vehicles and trailers
within Teller County. The department also verifies that vehicles are in compliance
with mandatory insurance coverage.
• Colorado Driver's License Info
• Online Vehicle Registration Renewal
• Change of Address Form for Vehicle Registration
• License Plate Types
• Motor Vehicle
Sales Tax Info
The Recording Department records documents for public record. Documents to be recorded should be submitted to the
office of the
Clerk and Recorder at the County Courthouse at 101 W. Bennett Ave., or mailed to PO Box 1010, Cripple Creek, CO 80813.
Services Provided Include:
County Commissioner Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Recorded Document Search
Vital Records (Birth and Death Records)
Vital Records Department
The Vital Records Department is responsible for issuing birth and death
certificates. The department is also responsible for reporting all
Marriage and Civil Union Licenses issued in Teller to the State of Colorado.
Services Provided Include:
• Birth Certificate Application
• Death Certificate Application
• Marriage License Information
Civil Union Information