704 Woodland Ave.
Woodland Park, CO 80863
Phone: 719.687.9778 Fax 719.687.2040
Al Born RPh, MS - Coroner
719.687.9778 (Office) 719.200.5837 (Cell)
719.687.9652 (Sheriff's Office DIspatch)
Chris Cooperrider - Deputy Coroner
Location/Mailing Address: 704 Woodland Ave., Woodland Park, CO 80863
The Office of County Coroner is an elective office mandated by C.R.S. 30-10-601. The Coroner documents the cause and manner of all Teller County deaths. The Coroner's duties include:
◦ Pronouncement of death
◦ Death scene investigation, as needed
◦ Notification of next-of-kin
◦ Identification of deceased
◦ Medicolegal investigation* of the death
◦ Determination of need for autopsy and other tests
◦ Determination of cause and manner of death
◦ Completion of Death Certificate
*The Teller County Coroner carries out the medicolegal death investigation process via:
◦ Evaluation of deceased's medical history
◦ Interview of witnesses, family, friends, neighbors, etc.
◦ Autopsy, as needed
◦ Toxicology, radiology, fingerprint ID, as needed
◦ Use of forensic experts in fields of pathology, genetics, etc.
Teller County Coroner's Office Facts and Information
"The high percentage of 'Natural' deaths underscores the need to have a Coroner with an extensive clinical background so that the deceased's medical history is readily understandable and an accurate cause of death can be determined without resorting to a costly and unnecessary autopsy."