Books for Parents:
• "A Child's Journey Through Placement" by Vera I. Fahlberg
• "From Toddlers to Teens, 1001 solutions for Everyday parenting problems" by Jane Nelson, Lynn Lott, and Glenn Stephen
• "Ghosts from the Nursery" by Robin Karr-Morse and Meredith Wiley
• "Fostering Changes" by Richard Delaney
• "How it Feels to be Adopted" by Jill Krementz
• "Creative Interventions for Troubled Children and More Creative Interventions for Troubled Children" by Liana Lowenstein
• "Another Place at the Table" by Kathy Harrison
Books for Kids:
• "A Very Touching Book" by Jan Hindman and Tom Novak
• "A Volcano In My Tummy: Helping Children to Handle Anger" by Eliane Whitehouse and Warwick Pudney
• "Maybe Days" by Jennifer Wilgocki, Marcia Kahn Wright, and Alissa Imre Geis
• "Please Tell" by Jessie Ottenweller
• "A Terrible Thing Happened- A story for children who have witnessed violence or trauma" by Margaret M. Holmes, Sasha J. Mudlaff, and Cary Pillo
• "Billy Had To Move: A Foster Care Story" by Theresa Ann Fraser and Alex Walton
Foster Parent Resources (links to websites)
Colorado State Foster Parent Association
National Foster Parent Association
Hunger-Free Kids Act: Children who are Medicaid eligible, including foster kids, are now eligible for the free lunch program.
School fees waived for foster children: Children who are in out of home placement are eligible to have their school fees waived per House Bill HB08-1019.
FosterClub: National network for youth in foster care.
The Center: Get connected Colorado's GLBTQ community.
National Foster and Adoptive Parent Community
Foster Parent College: Online training for foster, adoptive and kinship parents.
Social Learning: Online secure shopping center offering DVDs, books and resources on foster and adoptive care and general parenting skills
University of Denver- Butler Institute for Families
Adoption Exchange and Colorado Post-Adoption Resource Center (COPARC):
A regional non-profit organization that recruits adoptive families for children in foster care and provides many supportive services and resources to pre- and post-adoptive families. These services include trainings, an adoption library, financial assistance, and information on support groups and adoption therapists in your area.
Colorado Coalition of Adoptive Families:
A non-profit organization committed to providing information and advocacy to Colorado's pre- and post-adoptive and kinship
Teller County DSS Foster Care Program
P.O. Box 7245 / 800 Research Dr., Suite 100
Tamarac Business Center
Woodland Park, CO 80863-7245
Foster Care/Adoption Coordinator