Department of Social Services (DSS)
* Everyone in the community plays a role in the prevention of child abuse and neglect. Colorado has one toll-free phone number to report child abuse and neglect 24/7, 365 days a year.
Please call the Colorado Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline at 1-844-CO-4-KIDS (1-844-264-5437) to report concerns about a child’s safety and well-being.
All calls are confidential and will be routed to the county where a child resides. If it is an emergency or you are witnessing a child in a life-threatening situation, call 911 immediately.
and GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Engage with families and individuals in our communities so they are safe,
stable and self-empowered.
Collaborate with families, individuals and community partners
to assist with
basic needs, ensure safety, and promote quality of life.
• Understand their rights
• Engage and participate in their service plans
• Are treated with empathy and professionalism
• Are provided assistance and guidance in the least intrusive manner
• Focus on safety, well being and permanency
• Respect the rights of families/individuals
• Engage families and individuals while utilizing their strengths
• Are dynamic and responsive to changing needs in our community
• Are Professional
• Are Accountable
• Are Respectful
• Engage with families and individuals