Services Provided Include:
• Enforcing the Teller County Animal Control Ordinances
• Picking up stray dogs
• Assisting with lost, found and injured stray animals
• Teller County Regional Animal Shelter (TCRAS)
• Woodland Park Animal Control Information
• Colorado Brand Inspection Information
• Colorado Parks and Wildlife
• Parks and Wildlife - Colorado Springs Service Center
The most common reasons for Animal Control intervention are, but certainly not limited to, dogs at large, dog bites, animal abuse or neglect, and persistent barking.
The rule of thumb: If you are not sure you need animal control, you probably do.
Please call and we will be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Teller County Dog License Information
All dogs 6 (six) months of age or older are required to be licensed in Teller County annually. This does not include the cities of Victor and Cripple Creek. Residents of those cities should contact their local municipalities for information on dog licensing. The current county dog license fee is $10.00 for altered (spay/neutered) dogs and $30.00 for unaltered dogs. Each dog license is good for one year from the date of issue. Proof of rabies vaccination must be shown when purchasing a license.
Licenses can be purchased at:
• Any Teller County Veterinary Hospital
• TCRAS (Teller County Regional Animal Shelter
• Teller County Clerk and Recorder offices in Cripple Creek and Woodland Park.
• City Dog Licenses: Cripple Creek and Victor City Halls