Teller County Open Burning Restriction
Effective Date: 02/04/2017 1 PM
When an Open Burning Restriction is issued by the Teller County Sheriff’s Office,
all Open Burning Permits are suspended immediately.
The following Open Burning IS allowed under a restriction:
• Use of barbecues and pits that are at least 10 feet away from combustible walls or roofs or other combustible materials.
• Campfires that are contained within a designated fire pit that is a least 25 feet away from all structures or other combustible material.
• Fire pits must be less than 3 foot in diameter or 3 feet in length and width, and at least 18 inches in depth.
• A garden hose connected to a water supply or other approved fire-extinguishing equipment
must be readily available.
• All campfires must be attended by a person knowledgeable in the use of fire extinguishing equipment until the fire is completely out.
The following Open Burning IS NOT allowed under a restriction:
• Open burning of materials not contained in an incinerator, outdoor fireplace, barbecue, grill, or pit.
• Use of any explosives, fireworks of any type, firing of model rockets, welding or operating an acetylene or other torch with open flame
in an outdoor location.
No Burning of Rubbish is allowed in Teller County at any time.
Rubbish includes paper, garbage, trash, useless waste, rejected or unused matter, organic or inorganic refuse, rejected or waste foods, offal, and tires.