Teller County Detention Center
Location: 288 County Road 29, Divide, CO 80814
Mailing Address: PO Box 730, Divide, CO 80814
Inmate Services Coordinator -
Officer Jacqueline Melchor
Services Provided Include:
• Inmate Phone and Commissary Accounts
Do you need to do USEFUL Public Service for the Teller County or Woodland Park Courts?
Once you have your case number, offense and number of community service hours required, please call: (719) 687-7770
If you live outside of Teller County we can help you complete your hours in your community.
Most Frequently Asked Questions...
1. If I live in another County, may I do my community service there?
Answer: Yes, call (719) 687-7770 for details.
2. What type of work will I do?
Answer: Working for non-profit or government organizations. We try to fit your needs and times into the organizations' needs and time schedule.
3. What if I can only do my community service on one day of the week?
Answer: That's great. We can find a place for you.
An example of Community Corrections volunteer hours served to the community during the year 2000 were 25,499.
One third of those service hours were served in other Counties. 611 people completed this community service in some of the following activities:
• Helped prepare and serve lunches at Senior Center in Woodland Park
• Sort and box food for Community Cupboard
• Set up Christmas Lights
• Paint buildings at Fairgrounds (saved the County $5,000)
• Build displays and cataloging of items at District Museum in Cripple Creek
• Assist at Cripple Creek Park and Recreation
• Clear trails at Florissant Fossil Beds
• Help at a non-profit daycare center
• Make bookcases at the Sheriff's Office (savings of between $300-$1,000)
• Made many toys for schools and daycare centers