Teller County, Colorado
Stage II Fire Ban
The following activities ARE allowed under the Stage II Fire Ban:
• Use of gas, liquid or propane barbecues, gas stoves or lanterns that are at least 10 feet away from combustible walls or roofs, or other combustible materials.
• Use of chainsaws with approved fire-extinguishment equipment readily available.
The following activities ARE PROHIBITED under the Stage II Fire Ban:
To include all Stage I Fire Ban
• Burning of materials not contained in outdoor fireplace or designated fire ring/pit
• Use of any explosives (except for permitted mining operations)
• Use of fireworks of any type (except commercial fireworks within city limits)
• Firing of model rockets
• Burning of irrigation ditches unless completely surrounded by irrigated farmlands where burning is necessary for crop survival.
In addition to:
• Fires in chimineas and other portable fireplaces or patio fire pits.
• Use of charcoal grills
• Use of wood or charcoal smokers
• Outdoor welding or cutting
• Smoking (except inside vehicles)
Burning of Rubbish is PROHIBITED in Teller County at any time. Rubbish includes paper, garbage, trash, useless waste, rejected or unused matter, organic or inorganic refuse, rejected or waste foods, offal, and tires.
Teller County Stage II Fire Ban