The following is needed to release a Deed of Trust:
• Original Note-Marked paid in full or canceled in lieu of foreclosure. If the original note is lost, a Lost Instruments Bond needs to be provided.
• Original recorded Deed of Trust or a copy showing the recording information.
• Completed Release of Deed of Trust form; must be notarized.
• Fee $ 28.00 is required for a 1 page release. If the release form is more than 1 page, include $ 5.00 for each additional page. New fee schedule as of January 1, 2017.
• Self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of the promissory note and deed of trust.
Submit the documents and fees to:
Teller County Public Trustee
P.O. Box 367
Cripple Creek, CO 80813
Release of Deed of Trust with Evidence of Debt Form
Release of Deed of Trust without Evidence of Debt Form