What is the difference between
Modular, Manufactured or Mobile Homes?
Click here for info.
Purged Mobile Homes
Purged Mobile Homes are manufactured homes that
• Are permanently affixed to the ground
• Are classified as real estate improvements
• Are no longer capable of being legally moved over highways or streets
In order for a manufactured home title to be purged into a Real Estate Improvement, all taxes must be current and the owner must present an original certificate of title along with an application for purging to the Assessor.
If the manufactured home is financed, the holders of the mortgage must sign a consent statement, which must be submitted with the application.
Once the title has been purged by the State, the home cannot be legally moved over highways and streets and, it will be assessed as real property
Buying or Selling a Manufactured Home
• Ensure that all property taxes are paid
• Contact the
Teller County Treasurer and obtain a completed Mobile Home Authentication form, which certifies that all taxes have been paid. The cost is
• Provide the Buyer with a certificate of title and completed authentication form
• Request a Mobile Home Authentication form completed by the Teller County Treasurer from the Seller
• Apply for a new title with the Teller County Clerk and Recorder with 45 days of the sale of a
new manufactured home OR
within 30 days of the sale of a
used manufactured home.
• Failure to file an application for a new title can result in fines up to $1,000.
• Notify the Assessor of the change in ownership
Moving a Manufactured Home
• Contact the
Teller County Treasurer and obtain a completed Mobile Home Authentication form, which certifies that all taxes have been paid. The cost is $10.00.
• If the home is being moved within the State, current and billed taxes are collected
• If the home is being moved out of the State, a prorated part of taxes must be paid
• Obtain a Transportable Manufactured Home Movement permit from the Treasurer. The permit must be prominently displayed on the home.
• Notify the Assessor where the manufactured home is being located to include it on the tax roll
Destroyed, Dismantled or Salvaged Manufactured
An owner of a manufactured home shall record a Certificate of Destruction after verification the manufactured home is destroyed, dismantled, sold as salvage, or otherwise disposed of.
The Certificate of Destruction must be recorded with the Teller County Clerk. The Clerk will provide a copy of the Certificate of Destruction to the Assessor to effect removal of the manufactured home from the property tax records.
The form required may be accessed
For more information about Manufactured Homes in Colorado, please click