Office of the Teller County Clerk & Recorder
The office of the Clerk & Recorder is established under Section 8
Article XIV of the
Duties of the Clerk and
• Chief Election Official in Teller County
• Agent of the State of Colorado for Motor Vehicle titling and licensing
• Official recorder of property and other legal documents for Teller
• Agent of the the State of Colorado for issuing marriage licenses
• Clerk to the Board of County Commissioners for Teller County
Commissioner Meeting Dates
Beginning July 13, 2015, the Clerk & Recorder’s Office in Cripple Creek will be able to issue birth and death certificates for any event in the State of Colorado. Applications are located below.
Click here for more information.
The Elections Department provides Voter
Registration Applications, lists and labels, Voter Precinct
Commissioner District maps and Campaign Finance Information.
Verify Your Voter Registration Information Here
County Commissioner District Map
Motor Vehicle Department
Motor Vehicle Department provides services for titling,
licensing and registration renewal
of all types of motor vehicles and trailers within Teller
The department also verifies that vehicles are in
with mandatory insurance coverage.
• Online Vehicle Registration Renewal
Change of Address Form for Vehicle Registration
License Plate Types
The Recording Department records documents for public record. Documents to be recorded should be submitted to the
Office of the Clerk and Recorder at the County Courthouse at 101 W. Bennett Ave. or mailed to
PO Box 1010, Cripple Creek, CO 80813.
The Recording Department also provides the following services:
Vital Records Department
The Vital Records Department is responsible for issuing birth and death
certificates. The department is also responsible
for reporting all
Marriage and Civil Union Licenses issued in Teller to the State of Colorado.
• Birth Certificate Application
• Death Certificate Application
• Marriage License Information
• Civil Union Information