Teller County, Colorado
Stage I Fire Ban
A Stage I Fire Ban has been activated by the Board of County Commissioners and Sheriff of Teller County.
All Open Burning Permits are suspended immediately.
The following activities ARE allowed under the Stage I Fire Ban:
• Use of charcoal grills, gas barbecues, liquid fueled gas stoves or lanterns that are at least 10 feet away from combustible materials
• Campfires that are contained within a permanent fire ring located in developed and designated picnic and/ or campgrounds on public or private lands for public use. Designated fire rings must be least 25 feet away from all structures. Fire rings must be less than 3 foot in diameter or 3 feet in length and width, and at least 18 inches in depth. A water supply or other approved fire-extinguishing / fire extinguisher must be readily available. All campfires must be attended by a person knowledgeable in the use of fire extinguishing equipment until the fire is completely out
• Use of chainsaws with approved fire-extinguishing / fire extinguisher readily available
• Outdoor welding or cutting with approved fire-extinguishing / fire extinguisher readily available
• Smoking in areas clear of all flammable or combustible materials, or designated smoking areas
The following activities ARE PROHIBITED under the Stage I Fire Ban:
• Burning of materials not contained in outdoor fireplace or permanent fire ring
• Use of any explosives (except for permitted mining operations)
• Use of fireworks of any type (except commercial fireworks within city limits)
• Firing of model rockets
• Burning of irrigation ditches unless completely surrounded by irrigated farmlands where burning is necessary for crop survival.
Burning of Rubbish is PROHIBITED in Teller County at any time. Rubbish includes paper, garbage, trash, useless waste, rejected or unused matter, organic or inorganic refuse, rejected or waste foods, offal, and tires.