Address Confidentiality Programs
(for victims of violent crime/stalking)
Appeals and Protests
• eNotices - Go Paperless
Land (Agricultural and Vacant)
Notices of Value (NOV)
Location:Teller County Courthouse - 101 W. Bennett Ave. Cripple Creek, CO 80813
Mailing Address: PO Box 1008 Cripple Creek, CO 80813
Phone: 719-689-2941 Fax: 719-689-0988
Office Hours: 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday - Friday (except Holidays)
If you are seeking information about foreclosures in Teller County, please contact the Public Trustee in the Treasurer’s Office. To access online information about foreclosures, please click here
Requests for records and documents
To access certain records and/or documents, please complete the Request for Information Form and submit your request via fax (719/689-0988), by e-mail, or in person.
Copies of certain documentation are provided at $.25 per page, including copies of 8-1/2” x 11” maps. If requesting this information by mail, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with appropriate postage affixed. Large maps are available only in PDF format on a flash-drive provided by the requesting party . The price per map is $15.00. If requesting this information by mail, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (for a flash-drive) with appropriate postage affixed.
Requests for information will be available in three (3) business days, unless extenuating circumstances apply, in which case you will be notified.
Requests for data report
For database reports, please complete the Data Report Order Form and submit your request via fax (719/689-0988), by e-mail, or in person. Please make sure to provide your name and contact information so our office can verify your request and provide you with an estimated cost of the report.
The REIS database is a comprehensive collection of our data and includes various tables containing information for parcels, sales, inventory/improvements, and owner information. Please email AssessorDataRequests@co.teller.co.us for current pricing information.
Confidential Non-Public Records
The Assessor keeps many records which are confidential under the law. Records that are not open to public inspection include, but are not limited to, those that are:
• Contrary to any state statute
• Contrary to federal statute or regulation
Examples of documents that are not open to public inspection include:
• Real Property Transfer Declarations (RPTD or TD1000) (39-14-102(1)(c), CRS )
• Manufactured Home Transfer Declaration (39-14-103(1)(c), CRS )
• Senior and Disabled Veteran Exemption Claims (6-1-715, CRS)
• Personal Property Declarations (24-72-204(3)(a)(IV), CRS and 39-5-120, CRS)
• Business income information (24-72-204(3)(a)(IV), CRS)
• Records of law enforcement officials required to be kept confidential (24- 72-204(1)(a), CRS and 18-9-313(2), CRS)
• Agricultural lease information and questionnaires (24-72-204(3)(a)(IV), CRS)
• Sales questionnaires (24-72-204(3)(a)(IV), CRS)
• Property statements and correspondence requested from owners by the Assessor
• Some property appraisal records that include confidential information, which may include sketches and/or photographs
Access to Owners’ Confidential Records (Appraisers, Brokers, and Agents)
The owner of any property (with photo identification) or that owner’s agent (with a letter of authorization signed by the property owner and the agent’s photo identification) may view all public and confidential information pertaining to his/her own property. To access the form please click the following link:
• Authorization to Release Information Form
Colorado Open Records Act (CORA)
CORA, 24-72-203 CRS (1) (a) All public records shall be open for inspection by any person at reasonable times, except as provided in this part 2 or as otherwise provided by law, but the official custodian of any public records may make such rules with reference to the inspection of such records as are reasonably necessary for the protection of such records and the prevention of unnecessary interference with the regular discharge of the duties of the custodian or the custodian's office.
This webpage conforms with accessibility standards to ensure the content can be accessed by everyone.
For more information about Website Accessibility, click here