800 Research Drive - Suite 230
Woodland Park, CO 80863
Hours: By Appointment Only
Mailing Address: PO Box 959, Cripple Creek, CO 80813
Please send an email to email@example.com if you would like to submit an Autopsy Request.
Body Release Authorization Form
Coroner's Office 2020 Annual Report
Coroner's Office 2019 Annual Report
Coroner's Office 2018 Annual Report
The Mission of the Office of the Coroner of Teller County, in compliance with Colorado Revised Statute 30-10-601 through 30-10-622, is:
• To accurately determine the manner and the cause of death of individuals that die within the statutory jurisdiction of the office; to provide fair, ethical, and competent investigation of death performed by qualified and trained individuals, in accordance with the accepted medicolegal death investigation professional standards, ensuring the integrity of the investigation.
• To assist the grieving in the loss of a loved one.
• To earn and hold the trust and respect of the citizens that we are privileged and honored to serve.
Overview of the Coroner's Office
The Coroner’s Office investigates all sudden and/or unattended deaths throughout the county. Through an investigation, a determination is made as to the cause and manner of death.
The Coroner’s Office is responsible for:
• Identification of the deceased
• Notification of a death to the family
• Completion of a medicolegal investigation of the death
• The Teller County Coroner carries out the medicolegal death investigation process via:
◦ Evaluation of deceased's medical history
◦ Interview of witnesses, family, friends, neighbors, etc.
◦ Determination of autopsy need and attendance at those needed
◦ Toxicology, radiology, fingerprint ID, as needed
◦ Use of forensic experts in fields of pathology, genetics, etc.
• Distributing accurate and timely information to family members, health care professionals, insurance companies, and the public through the media and news release
• Determining the cause and manner of death
• Completion of Death Certificate