The Recording Department records documents for public record. Documents to be recorded should be submitted to the Office of the Clerk and Recorder at the County Courthouse at 101 W. Bennett Ave. or mailed to PO Box 1010, Cripple Creek, CO 80813.
Services Provided Include:
• Civil Unions
• County Commissioner Meeting Agendas and Minutes
• Dog Licenses
• eRecording Information
• Liquor Licenses
• Marriage Licenses
• Recorded Document Search
• Recording Fees
• Vital Records (Birth and Death Records)
New Recording Fees January 1, 2017
As a result of the passing of SB16-115, Colorado recording fees will be calculated as follows:
• $13 for the first page and $5 for each additional page for all recorded documents
• $8 for the first page and $5 for each additional page plus $0.25 for each claim/lode listed for mining documents
• The new recording fees will go into effect on January 1, 2017
• To minimize disruptions to your operations, please update your processes accordingly to mitigate against rejections
• If you have questions, please contact the Colorado County Clerk’s Association CCCAExecutiveDirector@gmail.com or the Teller County Clerk and Recorder’s Recording Department at 719-686-8035
Recording of Documents
Documents to be recorded are to be submitted at the Office of the Clerk and Recorder at the County Courthouse at 101 W. Bennett Ave or mailed to our mailing address listed below.
Documents such as warranty deeds, deeds of trust, quit claim deeds, death certificates, subdivision plats, etc., may be recorded as public records.
All documents recorded are scanned and the original returned in approximately 14 business days.
Recorded documents can be viewed at our offices in Cripple Creek and Woodland Park Branch Office.
Document Copy Fees
• Paper Copies (8 1/2 X 11) are $.25 per page, plus postage if applicable
• Plat Maps (24"x36") are $1.45 per page, plus postage if applicable
• Certification of Copies - $1.00* We do not accept Credit Card payments for copies
For more information call 719-689-2951, ext. 4 or email
Teller County Clerk and Recorder
PO Box 1010
Cripple Creek, CO 80813